Hey Guys! Who doesn’t like shopping in the comfort of their own home? I know I personally love browsing my favourite stores online looking at allllllll the cute things. However, I am always so skeptical when shopping online, and chances are, you are too. So today I am telling you guys about my top tips and life hacks for shopping online!!! Hopefully, these will help you make sure your purchase is right for you, maybe score a discount code, and never have to return something again 😀 Happy reading!
1) Sign Up To Newsletters: Quite often companies will give out promotion/discount codes if you “sign up” or “subscribe” to their mailing list. And tbh, I will take those discount codes with a smile and gladly give you my email 😉 Who doesn’t want an extra 15% off their purchase? Always check to see if the company you are buying from has those offers before purchasing.
2) Follow On Social Media: Pretty much guaranteed every time an online store has a huge massive sale, they will be posting about it on their social medias. Following your favourite brands on social media is never a bad idea so you don’t miss a semi-annual sale or even a quick overnight sale.
3) Think On It: Impulse shopping is terrible, and late night impulse online shopping is EVEN WORSE! It is a terrible feeling to wake up in the morning remembering how much money you wasted on things you don’t need or want. To avoid that, simply leave the things in your cart overnight or over the span of a couple days to make sure you really want those things. For a bigger purchase such as say some expensive shoes or a jacket, I would recommend leaving it in your cart for a week or so and then go back. Ask yourself “Do I still want this?”.
4) Leave Your Cart: This is probably one of my favourite tips. After you have items in your cart, make sure you have entered your email somewhere, and then leave your browser open. I would wait a couple days and make sure to check your email 😉 Quite often if you leave your cart without purchasing, companies will send you discount codes to your email in hopes of convincing you to come back and purchase your order!
5) Read Reviews: As simple as it sounds, reading reviews can be super helpful, especially if it is a product. Reviews can give you helpful information and opinions on whether that product worked or not. Reviews on clothing sites are also helpful to let you know if the item ran small/large, or if it was good quality, etc.
6) Check Size Charts: Retailers sizing can vary from brand to brand so it never hurts to check their sizing chart before purchasing to make sure your “size” is truly your size.
7) Check Model’s Size: I ALWAYS check what size the model is wearing in the photos to give me an idea if the clothing item runs small or large. They also usually list the model’s dimensions such as waist, bust, and height. For example, I am usually and XS or S but it the tall model is wearing an XS of something, I know it runs big so I buy an XS too. Hopefully, that makes sense, but it helps you to gauge what size you would be without physically trying the piece on.
8) Know What Is Flattering On You: I would definitely recommend knowing what styles and what fits look good on you while you are browsing clothes online. I know that my torso is rather short compared to my long legs, so I always make sure not to buy tops that are super long because I find them unflattering. So as a general rule of thumb for myself, if the top is long on the model, it is going to be even longer on myself. Another example could be that you like v necks on tops vs. scoop necks. Knowing what fits you like when you are browsing is super helpful!
9) Google Promo Codes: To possibly save yourself a couple extra dollars, take a few minutes to Google promo codes for the store you are shopping at, and you never know, some codes could pop up!
10) Check Competitors Sites: Before purchasing something, you can always check the competitor’s sites or brands who have similar things to see if you can find an item similar, but for less money.
11) Avoid Scam Sites: Avoid sketchy sites at all costs. Often a major indicator of scam sites is if all the photos are mismatch and low quality. If the pictures were all taken at different times and it looks like some were taken here, some there, and the photos are all different styles or layouts, chances are the photos aren’t theirs, and the site is a scam. Stick to reputable brands and stores you have heard of before and/or have seen their products/clothing in person.
12) Is The Model Hiding Something?: If a model is in a pose that is weirdly covering something, I can’t help but question what they are hiding. Always be careful and scan the images carefully. Different poses can be a quick way for a brand to hide a flaw in that particular piece of clothing.
13) Careful In the Clearance/Sale Section: Trust me, I love myself a good sale. However, sometimes I need to be careful that I am buying the item for what it is and not the price. Trust me, I am guilty of buying the piece because I like the price more than the actual item. LOVE it or leave is my motto 🙂
14) Think Of Possible Outfits: When buying clothing, I always think of what I could wear with it that I own already. Don’t buy that item if you can’t think of what to wear with it because chances are you might never wear it.
15) Check the Return Policy: Last, but not least, checking the return policy before purchasing on a new site can do no harm! Make sure that if it is a piece you are not certain about and may return, that you know the return policy and how soon you have to return it. Some online stores you can’t return things at all, so it can be important to read their policy beforehand.
I really hope you guys liked and enjoyed this post! Hopefully, you found it helpful 🙂 I wanted to say a quick thank-you to all my readers who come back to read my posts every weekend, I really appreciate you <3 And to all my new readers, I hope you stick around 🙂 Also, guess what? I am headed to Phoenix as we speak so make sure you stay tuned and are subscribed for a travel diary, pictures, and more!!!