Hey Guys welcome to this weekend’s post, How To Stay Fit + Fun Workout Ideas! With the New Year comes New Year’s resolutions. I have done a few New Years posts already, but one topic I haven’t covered yet is how to stay fit. I wanted to show you guys how I stay active and healthy, to hopefully give you some inspiration and motivation. Before we get into it, I just want to say being fit is not all about looks. It is about how you feel inside. If you feel healthy and strong and you stay active that is all that matters. Now let’s get into the tips 🙂
TIPS ON STAYING FIT:
1) Workout Partner – Having someone to workout with or be active with is so important. If you wake up, feel lazy, and tell yourself “eh maybe I don’t need to go”, having a friend to text you and say “get off your lazy but, let’s go”, can be really helpful 😉 Having someone or something to be accountable to is super helpful.
2) Drink Water – I know everyone says this, but it’s true. Drink Water. Staying hydrated is one of the easiest ways to stay healthy. Not only does it help your skin, it helps your whole body. If you guys want to see some recipes of delicious infused water, let me you know (you use the contact box)!
3) Eat Right – This may seem obvious too, but if you go workout and then come home and eat a bag of Cheetos, chances are you won’t get any more fit or healthy. I feel like a lot of people over stress about this with super strict diets and things but you don’t need to suddenly eat only fruits and vegetables or something to be healthy. I just make sure I am eating healthy foods, getting my daily fruits and veggies, and treating myself only now and then. Also, don’t be afraid or feel bad to treat yourself now and then. (personally, my weakness is chocolate) 😉
4) Do The Small Things – Even if you don’t have time for a workout every day, there are many other small things you can do throughout the day. Like for example, take the stairs. You may think “who cares? I will take the elevator.” but seriously, over time those small things will add up. Even a 20-minute workout is better than nothing. If you don’t have time for big workouts, focus on the small things you can do here and there.
5) Enjoy Being Active – Honestly, if you can’t find something active you love to do, you won’t enjoy it. Find something that you truly like to do. Personally, I love going to the gym, but I know most people don’t and that’s totally okay. (Ps. there are tons of workouts on Pinterest if you want to see a collection of my favorites I could totally make that a blog post too) There are so many alternative things to do that will help you stay fit and feel good. Fun workout ideas are down below 🙂
FUN WORKOUT IDEAS:
– Take a Class (this can be a workout class at your local gym like a Bootcamp or TRX)
– Dance (this can be competitive dance, Zumba, or a JustDance game on your Xbox)
– At-Home Workout Video (I love watching Blogilates on YouTube, she is amazing)
– Go for a Hike
– Walk your dog
– Go for Run (could be a quick sprint or a long jog)
– Bike (you could go to a cool place with a friend)
– Yoga (there are tons of YouTube tutorials or you could take a class)
– Spin Class (personally I have never been to one, but they sound so cool)
– Sports (join a team or fool around in a park with a friend)
There are endless ideas of what you can do to stay active, but those were some of my ideas 🙂 I really hope this post helped you guys out. I want my blog to be a place where I can inspire others and share my ideas. Anyway, let me know what you guys thought of this post and if you want to see more posts like these. I was thinking maybe the infused water recipes, junk food alternatives, or healthy recipes posts. I don’t know, those were just some ideas 🙂 Let me know what you guys think; I made a poll that you can vote on (under the contact page). Thanks for reading!